About the Programme
Patients First Three Year Evaluation, Invitation to Tender
FoNS would like to understand more about the longer term value of this programme and its impact on practice. To this end, we are seeking an external evaluator to undertake an evaluation of the first three years of the Patients First Programme (November 2009 - October 2012) involving forty nurse-led teams.
The purpose of the evaluation is to understand the extent to which:
- The aims of the programme are achieved
- The programme adds value to the individuals taking part, their practice and patient care
- The programme achieves longer term outcomes and benefits
Click here to download the full 'Invitation to Tender'. The total budget for this evaluation is £20,000 and the closing date for applications is 10th June 2013.
Patients First – Supporting Nurse-led Innovation in Practice
This programme has been made possible by FoNS’ active and ongoing partnership with the Burdett Trust for Nursing.
The Patients First Programme provides support and facilitation to clinically based nurse-led teams to help them to develop, implement and evaluate locally focused innovations that improve patient care in any healthcare setting across the UK.
Over a period of 12 months, the Patients First Programme provides:
- Help to keep a central focus on the patient and/or service users and the issues that matter to them the most
- Advice on developing effective project plans/proposals
- Encouragement to identify and make links with people who may be able to offer support locally
- Access to practice development tools and resources
- A workshop programme of support and development that will bring together the nurse-led teams to explore and enable effective strategies for developing and changing practice and provide opportunities for networking and sharing
- Facilitation in the workplace to enable the development of knowledge and skills in leading and facilitating sustainable changes in practice and improvements in care
- Peer mentorship linking up team leaders with those who have completed similar initiatives
- Support with publishing and active dissemination
- Bursary of up to £5000
Who can apply?
Clinically based nurses and nurse-led teams who have identified with patients an aspect of care that needs to be improved and who can demonstrate a commitment to:
- Using a variety of approaches to inform and evaluate the development of practice leading to sustainable improvements in care
- Working in ways that enable the inclusion and participation of patients and other key stakeholders in all aspects of the project
- Using a collaborative and systematic approach to development and improvement
Applications for the next round of Patients First will begin late summer 2013. We will be sending news alerts to let our 'Friends' and 'Associates' know more information. Sign up in the 'Log in Zone'.
Innovations in practice
Read about how nurse-led teams have made practice changes and improved patient care ... browse the reports in the library
Help FoNS to help nurses. Find out more about how you can easily help us to raise funds just by shopping online...